Join us for one of Philadelphia’s oldest traditions! Hop on down to South Street Headhouse District for egg-citing FREE family fun on Easter Sunday. The parade kicks off at 12:30pm at Passyunk Avenue/South Street. Join us as we head to 2nd Street Plaza to show off our Easter finest.
- Master of ceremonies Henri David
- Philadelphia Freedom Band
- The Bunny Hop
- Mr. and Mrs. Peter Cottontail
- Easter Bunny photos (with your camera)
- Best dressed contests
- Free treats (for contest participants)
Prize will be awarded in 12 categories for best dressed kids, families and even FIDO too!
After the festivities, stay for a fabulous brunch on South Street – including these great spots:
- Bridget Foy’s (200 South Street) – Enjoy brunch with your family starting bright and early at 9:00am with the full brunch menu and special Easter day additions. Highlights will include Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, Shrimp and Grits and Eggs Benedict. Call 215-922-1813 for reservations. Bridget Foy’s offers the best view of the parade as the route turns the corner in front of the restaurant from South Street into Headhouse Square.
- Ela (627 S. 3rd Street) – Guests can enjoy a special prix-fixe brunch menu for $30.00 per person starting at 10:00am until 5:00pm. Call 267-687-8512 or visit open table for reservations and full menu information.
- Me N Mo Meatballs and More (214 South Street) – Bring the whole family for Easter Sunday brunch and Sunday supper that will feature the regular menu plus menu additions. Specials will include lamb meatballs with a Barolla rosemary wine reduction, veggie balls with mushroom cream sauce and chicken meatballs with shallots and white wine. For the smallest of bunnies, Me N Mo Meatballs and More will have free treats for the kids (while supplies last). Me N Mo is directly on the Easter Promenade route and provides a great value at meals starting at only $8.00 and up. The bar will also be open for those looking for wine, sangria and cocktails. Reservations only for parties of six or more by calling 215-928-3262.
- Redwood (340 South Street) – Enjoy a special three-course Easter brunch from 10:00am to 4:00pm for $26.00 including appetizer, brunch entree and dessert. Standard menu will also be available including Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict, Veal Shortrib Hash, and Chicken and Waffles. Call 215-238-1512 for reservations and full menu information.
- Twisted Tail (509 S. Second Street) – Enjoy Easter brunch in Headhouse Square right next to the main promenade stage from 10:00am to 4:00pm. Twisted Tail will serve a la carte from their standard brunch menu plus offer feature dishes. Call for 215-558-2471 for reservations.
Also open on Easter Sunday with regular menus:
- Brauhaus Schmitz (718 South Street) – Enjoy selections from the standard lunch menu beginning at 11:30am. Visit open table or call 267-909-8814 for reservations.
- Jon’s Bar & Grille (300 South Street) – Brunch will be served from 11:00am to 3:00pm along with regular menu items. Call (215) 592-1390 for reservations and information.
- Pizzeria Stella (420 South Second Street) – Weekly specials and regular menu will be available starting at 10:00am. Call (215) 320-8000 for reservations and information.
- Supper (926 South Street) – Brunch will be served 10:30am to 3:00pm with standard brunch menu that includes Red Velvet Pancakes, Supper Fritata, Blue Corn Mango Pancakes and more. Call 215-592-8180 or visit open table for reservations.