Social Media & Marketing Assistant
Role Description & Responsibilities
The South Street Headhouse District (SSHD) is seeking an organized, creative, and unique individual to fill the new role of Social Media & Marketing Assistant. In this role, you will work directly with the SSHD Digital & Marketing Manager, as well as the SSHD Project Manager and the SSHD Executive Director, to collaborate on social media and marketing campaigns in support of our community of 400+ businesses. The SSHD is a Philadelphia-based business improvement district whose mission is to support, promote, and grow this historical and renowned commercial corridor.
This position is freelance & part-time with flexible hours (10+/week). Must be available for 1-3 weekly group meetings (mostly Zoom). Minimum $12/hour.
- Pitching, developing, and collaborating on content
- Copywriting (Must be able to adopt and maintain our brand voice)
- Scheduling and posting across all social media platforms
- Monitoring and responding to comments and DMs
- Creating visual materials, memes, event listings, advertisements, and other engagement opportunities
- Researching and tracking the social media accounts of SSHD businesses, as well as similar organizations across the city
Requirements and Qualifications
- No degree required. Experience with social media, marketing, & content creation is highly preferred, with opportunity to learn on the job.
- High familiarity with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Photography skills—even if it’s just on your phone!
- Preferred: Familiarity with WordPress/Divi, Instagram Reels, TikTok, YouTube, and other social media platforms.
- Preferred: Experience with social media marketing and scheduling tools, such as Buffer.
- Preferred: Familiarity with the South Street Headhouse District area. The SSHD is located on South Street, between Front and 11th Street, and along numbered streets from Lombard to Bainbridge Street, and down 4th Street from Lombard to Christian Streets.
Interested applicants can send the following items to [email protected]:
- Your pronouns, and notes on your name pronunciation
- In place of a cover letter, please attach one photograph that you have taken somewhere in Philadelphia, with a brief description of why the photo is meaningful to you; and one meme that makes you laugh, with no context.
- Link(s) to your favorite content creator(s) (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, etc)
- Preferred: Link(s) to your own social media platforms
A PDF copy of this listing can be found and downloaded here.
The SSHD does not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, gender or sexual orientation and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.