The neighborhoods surrounding the SSHD,
(Queen Village, Bella Vista, Society Hill & Wash Square West)
are four of the largest, fastest growing, highest earning markets in center city.
- High income households—SSHD neighborhoods,
have a median household income of $71,856,
almost two times the median Philadelphia household income
- Immediate accessible residents are young spenders
– 57.5% of residents are aged 18-44
- Educated consumers- over 75% of residents in the district have a bachelors degree or higher.
- Great access- SEPTA runs several routes through the SSHD and adjacent to I-95 and Delaware Avenue, there are 7 parking lots in the district and curb side parking on every street.
400+ businesses, the vast majority of which are independently owned and operated.
100+ Restaurants & Bars, 150+ retail businesses, 150+ service based businesses including medical professionals, schools, childcare, salons, pet care, healthcare and gyms, realtors, law offices, design firms, theater and performing arts, and more.
Quotes about the area:
- “Residents and visitors, teenagers and adults, preppies and punk rockers, artists and attorneys all mix seamlessly together on the storied boulevard.” – Visit Philly
- “South Street is always buzzing no matter if you visit on a Tuesday afternoon or a Friday night.”-Visit Philly
- “The magic has never left South Street, It’s perpetuated by all the young people that keep coming here and finding themselves here.”- Isaiah Zagar