SSHD makes Headhouse Plaza Presentation
On February 2nd, SSHD staff made a public presentation to update residents and community members about the upcoming Headhouse Plaza Improvement Project. The audience of about 70 interested stakeholders took time to learn about projects updates and provide questions and input about design, accessibility, lighting and landscaping. Overall, the project presentation receive a positive response from the group that was present.
The project is nearing the final design phase, is being coordinated with City officials, and is tentatively scheduled to begin work in late Spring 2017 and be completed by Fall 2017.
Current Design Highlights include:
- Beautifying fountain and public art elements
- Expanded buffering curb around Lombard St Fountain
- Traffic calming at 2nd & South
- Squaring of corners on north & south intersection improve pedestrian crossing safety
- Removal of broken center median and relocation of parking kiosks & utility boxes
- Wider pedestrian center median
- Additional green space.
- Redesign South and 2nd intersection to create attrative and helpful gateway
- Improved lighting and safety
- New plantings and stormwater management
- Passive use seating and community amenities
- Open shade canopy on north and south ends