SOUTH STREET SCARES UP FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY DURING PUMPKINFEST, TRICK-OR-TREATING AND MORE
The South Street Headhouse District has plenty of tricks and treats for children and adults of all ages during the neighborhood’s annual Halloween festivities.
On Saturday, October 27, 2018, from Noon to 5:00pm, Fall PumpkinFest returns to Headhouse Square (2nd and Lombard) with circus performances, live music, crafts for kids, seasonal bites, Pumpkin Putt-Putt golf, a straw bale maze, face painting and costume contests.
There will even be a pumpkin pie eating contest !
THE EVENT WILL GO ON RAIN OR SHINE- In the event of inclement weather, all programming will take place under the safe cover of the Headhouse Shambles. Some programming subject to change with weather conditions.
District-wide Trick or Treating will go on as well from noon-5pm.
* Get lost in the middle of South Street’s straw bale maze with enough twists and turns to challenge both younger children and their parents.
* Philadelphia School of Circus Arts/Airplay Entertainment will perform and Magicians will dazzle with illusions.
* Halloween is about giving back too! Bring gently used winter coats, shoes and donations for Broad Street Mission to provide for those in need in advance of the winter season.
* Free Make and take crafts for children, including coloring your own trick-or-treat bags, pumpkin decorating and other crafts.
* Costume contest for kids under 14 with special categories for most creative costume, scariest costume, and best family ensemble. Judging starts at 3:00pm, with prizes provided by South Street Headhouse businesses. In addition to the costume contest, there will be a pumpkin pie eating contest for kids and adults.
* South Street businesses will formally open their doors to welcome all the young ghouls dressed up in costume from noon to 5:00pm. Pick up your list at PumpkinFest and look for ghosts hanging outside all participating businesses.
Children should be in costume and 12 and under, and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.